Best SEO Strategies for 2017 Onward
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a game in which you must stay one step ahead of your competition to dominate the market. It is very important to know the way search engine algorithms are changing because as an industry, it is constantly evolving.
In this guide, we’ll share the six best SEO strategies that will dominate SEO for 2017 and onward. These strategies could be considered as something to think about while you’re improving your SEO in general.
1. Increase of “dense” Content
Due to the boom in the content marketing industry, many brands are continually sharing content on their social profiles and trying to amplify its reach. On hindsight, it leads to content repetitiveness and leads to content exhaustion in the minds of the reader.
To circumvent this, the “dense” content strategy emerged. This method is focused on providing most of the information, in the smallest possible formats, giving rise to exciting and attractive content presentation formats.
2. Increase in the use of AMPs
The growth of mobile searches has online businesses focusing on a mobile-only marketing strategy, and one such strategy is Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
AMPs are free to use protocols that allow developers to create pages that load almost automatically on mobile devices, similar to what Facebook did with Instant Articles.
Slowly, Google has begun to favor sites that have adapted to AMP, pointing them with a lightning symbol in the Google searches and giving them priority, a trend that is expected to grow exponentially during 2017 onward.
3. Changes in algorithms associated with machine learning
With the launch of Google RankBrain in 2015, machine learning based algorithms became a reality. Also, the Google Hummingbird feature extension has allowed us to gradually learn about users search behavior and adjust the algorithm accordingly.
It is anticipated that Google will continue to develop machine learning, which will allow interpretation of data in new ways.
If you want your SEO strategies to be successful, you must win Google’s confidence. Keep in mind that algorithms are always analyzing any behavior related to your site, your links, content and more, so you must be consistent with your efforts to improve its positioning. Otherwise, the SEO activities will go in vain.
4. Personal Branding will be your secret SEO weapon
Personal branding is one of the pillars of SEO strategies. With a personalized brand, it will be much easier to build trust among users, attract traffic to your website and create valuable alliances. However, there are very few brands who have so far taken advantage of this as part of their SEO planning.
Social networking platforms have also refined their algorithms to favor personalized posts or branded posts, which means that by the end of 2017, the trend will be aimed at strengthening this type of content and taking advantage of personal branding.
5. Apps will be prioritized
In recent years, there has been a massive increase in SEO options for mobile applications – from basic indexing of apps to connecting content. Most online business websites prioritize on building and marketing apps.
6. Using more sophisticated digital personal assistants
Custom digital assistants (for voice search) is already common, even if they are not recognized as something of our daily life. Tools like Siri and Cortana have facilitated our lives, and they have rapidly evolved, vastly increasing their conversational and numerical skills, adapting them to the current context.
For this year we expect a greater diversification and sophistication in the features of these virtual assistants, which will open the doors to new types of searches and more advanced forms of conversational searches, implying that there will be new ranking opportunities (SEO) in both areas.
In case these methods seem tough to you, I can help you choose the most appropriate tools and show you how you can use them to achieve your goals.
These SEO tools deserve a special section, as they perform multiple tasks efficiently. They constitute in themselves an entire arsenal, which will help you to accelerate your positioning with quality results.
And check these best SEO tools:
SEO PowerSuite is one of the best collections of all-in-one tools that covers most SEO tasks. SEO PowerSuite is a set of 4 desktop tools:
- SEO Spyglass: Analyze the links of your competitors; it helps you discover opportunities to create links and manage your existing links.
- Rank Tracker: Monitors the position of search results (SERPs) and helps in the selection of keywords.
- Website Auditor: Analyzes your website and help you optimise all aspects of on-page SEO.
- LinkAsistant: Manages and organizes your link building campaigns.
Advantages Of SEO PowerSuite
- The license allows you to install the software on several computers, but not run simultaneously.
- With PowerSuite, you can carry out the entire process of Keyword Selection and Analysis.
- Also, checks the ranking in the search results (SERPs)
- Audit and Optimize websites
- Analyze the competition of your keywords and the strategy of your competitors
- Organize a link building campaign
Disadvantages Of SEO PowerSuite
The paid version includes free updates for six months. After that, you have to subscribe to a monthly update plan which is $9/month per application.
SEMrush is an excellent tool to “spy” on the SEM strategy ( of your competition ). It is an indispensable ally.
It is beneficial for keyword research and competitor rank tracking. SEMrush has been evolving towards an all-in-one too, and it is more expensive than others. Investment in SEMrush is worth every dollar.
Advantages Of SEMrush
- Your database covers more than 100 countries!
- It allows you to know the keywords for which you are positioned in organic searches; it also allows you to know the keywords on which your competitors rank.
- It is an excellent tool to know the marketing strategy of your competition – their keywords, ad copy, cost of acquisition and more.
- It helps you discover new keywords related to your topic, and “steal” those that your competition is not positioning correctly.
- It allows you to know the estimated organic traffic of a website, valuable information to decide if it is worth to associate in some way with him (get links, write as a guest and more), monitor the evolution of a competitor and have more data for a query session.
- It also allows you to control the ranking of your Keywords.
Disadvantages Of SEMrush
It is not the most economical tool in the market, but there are not many that offer so many functions.
SEO is an evolving industry. Remain updated with latest developments, and you can anticipate future trends, enabling you to become a leader in the industry.